At Barefoot Divers, we differentiate your Roatan diving experience with smaller groups, longer bottom times, and valet diving service. Our helpful, friendly staff takes care of everything so that you can spend more of your vacation enjoying all the luxury resort amenities and relaxing in the tropics. We offer you a full range of diving experiences, PADI courses, and a full-service PADI 5 Star dive shop.
And we can’t forget to mention Roatan’s amazing dive sites – pristine coral reefs, coral-encrusted wrecks, and diverse Caribbean marine life, all just a few minutes away. What are you waiting for? Kick off your flip-flops and come dive Barefoot!
Ultimate Service: Valet Diving
• We set up your BCD and regulator on the boat before the dive, change it over between dives, and disassemble and rinse it for you at the end of the day. Just grab your personal gear and get on board – you’re set to go!
• High quality, well-maintained rental equipment
• Boat groups are small so you get individualized attention
• Dive profiles are tailored to the group’s certification level, skill level and interest
• Up to 60 minutes of bottom time per dive for computer divers with good air consumption
Full Service Dive Center
• High quality air fills, rental gear, equipment repair, scuba instruction, and retail shop
• Hot showers, private changing rooms, and individual gear lockers are just steps from the boat dock
• Luxury accommodations
• Services and dive courses open to both resort guests and the general public
Every Kind Of Diving Experience
• Amazing array of Roatan dive sites
• Expert instruction for all levels – learn to dive or earn a new certification
• Excursion dives – 2-tank morning dives to the east or west, with a stop at a local restaurant if the divers want to purchase lunch. (Note: additional fees apply for non-package divers, excursion dive trips do not return early enough to do the 2pm dive)
• We can arrange shark dives/dolphin dives for certified divers or private excursions with custom itineraries (additional fees apply)
• Daily one-tank fun dive boat departures at 8:30am, 10:30am, and 2pm
• Night dives available any night of the week. Weather permitting, 4 diver minimum, must be requested at least 1 day in advance (additional fees apply). Certified divers only – divers must have Advanced Open Water or Night Adventure Dive certification (if you don’t have these, we offer them!) or be able to show proof of previous properly logged night dives.
• Experienced PADI professionals guide every dive
• All staff are trained in CPR, emergency first response (EFR), first aid, and emergency oxygen
• Skilled boat captains perform surface watches and aid divers in boat re-entry
• A photo/video pro can be arranged by appointment to film your dive or offer pointers for creating your own prized photographs
• All our boats have sun covers, fresh fruit, water, camera rinse tanks, and dry towels
• Equipped with emergency first aid, oxygen, radios and floater lines
• Groups are small and all dives are guided by a PADI professional
• With many sites just minutes away, trips are short and surface intervals are enjoyed back at the resort
Our Dive Sites: Paradise Underwater
• Sites start at approximately 35 feet, making them suitable for both shallow and deep dives
• Sites are chosen daily based on diver skill/certification level, weather conditions, and diver preference
• All sites are part of the protected marine reserve
• Enjoy diverse marine life, coral reef, and wrecks
• Read our Roatan Diving FAQ and our 10 Favorite Dive Sites
Feel Pampered After Your Dive
• Hot water showers, private changing facilities, and your accommodations are just a few steps away
• For our resort guests: relax by the swimming pool with Jacuzzi jets and padded, reclining lounge chairs
• For all guests: spacious dive shop veranda with hammocks and patio sets for snacks and socializing
• Delicious dining
• Luxurious spa services
PADI 5-Star Recognition
Barefoot Divers is certified by the PADI organization as a 5-Star Platinum Dive Resort and Instructor Development Center (IDC), the highest level of recognition attainable by the largest certifying agency in the world. This is awarded to progressive dive centers that excel in providing a full range of diver education programs, equipment selection, and experience opportunities and that actively promote aquatic environmental awareness.
This is your assurance of our commitment to excellence and quality service.